Boys JV Tennis
Just wanted to let you guys know that tomorrow, the 24th, at 6:30 PM is spring sports night. There will be a slideshow that includes us!! It's always a nice way to close out the season, and I encourage everyone to go to support the bears and the athletics programs at MA as a whole... Go bears!
Final Week! Which means the individuals tournament starts tomorrow, and goes until the team party and final matches. The final matches and party will be AFTER SCHOOL on Thursday, the 27th, capping off the end of the official season. I encourage everyone to contiue playing though after school, even after the season ends. Here is the match schedule for the first two days of the tournament:
MON (the 24th):
Alexander vs. Will T
Liam vs. Anshul
Daniel vs. Austin
Ben + Nate vs. Ryan + Dylan
Will C + Sam vs. Bora + Max
TUESDAY (the 25th):
Alfredo vs. TBD
Nat vs. TBD
Ethan vs. TBD
Miles vs. Noah
Will C + Sam vs. Steven + Andrew
Griffin + Brett vs. Ben C + Nate
Monday: Practice at 5:00
Tuesday: Practice at 5:15
Wednesday: Match @ Kehilah (in Palo Alto)... THESE are the following players playing, excused from school at 2:30... Will C, Sam L, Brett L, Griffin K, Daniel M, Miles L, Noah S, Andrew G, Alexander Y, Liam F, Will T
Thursday + Friday: Individual Tournament Starts (Dates and times TBD and will be talked about at practice Monday and Tuesday!)
No official practices scheduled this week, though I do recommend to go out and play when it's not raining! The brackets for the individual tournament will come out when we come back on Monday, the 17th... Have a great break!
Players playing (hint... this match it's all freshmen... next match is all yours upperclassmen):
Alfredo, Nat, Ben, Nate, Ethan, Austin, Ryan, Dylan, Bora, Max
Monday: Practice at 5:15
Tuesday; Practice at 5:15
Wednesday: Match vs. SHP (at home) at 3:15
Thursday: Intersquad AFTER SCHOOL (last one)
Friday: Practice at 5:15
As always, let me know if there are questions... some cool announcements coming today as well!
Excused at 2:45 to leave MA at 3 on Thursday:
Alfredo, Nat, Noah, Andrew, Will, Sam, Griffin, Brett, Ryan, Dylan, Alexander, Anshul, Ben, Austin
See you guys then!
Lots going on guys:
Monday - 5:15 practice
Tuesday - Match vs. Kehilah HS at home, they only have 5 players that they're bringing (I know, it's nuts), so we are only going to be able to have 10 play. The following players are to come to the courts at MA straight after school to be in the match: Nat, Ethan, Liam, Will T, Ben C, Nate, Miles, Daniel, Bora, Max. If you are not one of these 10 players, there IS 5:15 practice ON TUESDAY after the match!
Wednesday - 5:15 Practice
Thursday - Match AT Menlo - Lineup TBD, but will be set by Tuesday... If you aren't playing in the match on Tuesday, you WILL be playing in this one at menlo
Friday - 5:15 Practice
Let me know if there are any questions regarding things, otherwise see you all tomorrow!
Barring rain this week, all of our practices will start around 5:00. I know you guys like the 3:30 time, but I wanna make sure we have as many courts as possible for this week... We'll see how it goes. Monday and Friday practices will start closer to 5:15, while for T-W-Th come around 4:45-5 and there'll be courts available then. Thanks guys!
PS: I'll try to post if practice is cancelled due to rain, but I will NOT be MAD at anyone if it does rain a decent amount and you feel as if you wanna take a day off
Tuesday: Practice at 3:30
Wednesday: Home match vs. Monte Vista at 3:30 (lineup coming VERY soon)
Thursday: Practice at 3:30
Friday: Practice at 5:15
- Coach Zach
Parents... We could use 1 or 2 more drivers for this match... If anyone would be willing to volunteer that would be awesome! Thank you in advance! The following players are excused at 2:30 from school, leaving at 2:45 with me and the parent drivers for the match...
Christopher Fong, Steven Klein, Alfredo, Nat, Will/Sam, Brett/Griffin, Nate/Ben, Alexander/Liam, Noah/Will T, Daniel/Miles, Dylan/Ryan, Bora/Austin
Thanks guys, see ya then!
- Coach Zach
Tuesday: Optional practice after minimum day, 12:30
Wednesday: Practice at 5:00
Thursday: Intersquad at 3:30 (be prepared to eat!)
Friday: Practice at 5:00
- Coach Zach
Unfortunately Menlo is only going to have 13 available players today, so anyone who I said was probably going to play this week and isn't in this lineup will certainly play in our following match. The following players will be EXCUSED FROM CLASS AT 2:40 pm on Wednesday, with the volunteer parent drivers and I leaving for Menlo at about 3:00:
Greg, Alfredo, Noah, Will C, Andrew, Sam, Ben, Nate, Dylan, Ryan, Alexander Y, Bora, Max S
Thanks guys, let me know if you have any questions! See you at AFTER SCHOOL practice tomorrow.
- Coach Zach
Monday (2/27): Practice begins at 5:00 - YES, this is a different time then normal... Ends at 6:15 today! (You may leave early if you have to though, of course).
Tuesday (2/28): Practice begins at 3:30 - Varsity team has a ROAD match, so we start after school.
Wednesday (3/1): Match at Menlo, we will arrive by 3:15, meaning I'll get those who are playing in the match out at 2:45. THANKS again to volunteers for this match. I will know the lineup for WED match by TONIGHT, and I WILL post.
Thursday (3/2): Practice begins at 5:00
Friday (3/3): Practice begins at 5:00
Thanks guys, and again, match roster will be posted by TONIGHT. Let me know if there are any more questions, and also let me know if you can't make it to the match for any reason by tomorrow, thanks!
- Coach Zach
On Thursday, 2/23, practice will be AFTER SCHOOL at 3:30, and go until 5, instead of starting at 4:45. Thanks! It'll be a great practice.
PS: Parent meeting Thursday, 2/23, at 6:30 PM in room G-6
For this first match tomorrow, we will not have the team uniforms yet, as the team order forms havent been submitted yet. Please wear a white, maroon, or any MA shirt and any pair of matching shorts/pants. No jeans, and no super random shirt or short colors please. All shoes and hats and sweatshirts are cool! thanks
First match tomorrow guys! The season's upon us, and the following players need to be ready immediately after school to come out to the courts and get a solid warm up in before the matches officially begin at 4:00. Here are the players:
Greg, Alfredo, Nat, Liam, Brett, Griffin, Ethan, Nate, Miles, Daniel, Austin, and Will Tinsley. If you guys have any questions regarding match necessities/random info let me know, but gotta be ready RIGHT AFTER SCHOOL! Thanks guys!
- Coach Zach
Hey Open Team players and parents, here's all the up to date news regarding this week of practice and matches and other stuff, so here ya go:
1. NO PRACTICE MONDAY, 2/20, due to RAIN
2. OPTIONAL practice TUESDAY, 2/21, if there is no RAIN. Please try to come if you are in town, we haven't hit in forever!
3. Match is still a go for WEDNESDAY, 2/22. I will announce the LINEUP for the match TOMORROW, on TUESDAY.
4. PARENT MEETING is ON for THURSDAY, 2/23, at 6:30 in a TBD classroom at MA
Let me know if there are any more Q's, Go BEARS!
- Coach Zach
PS: New weekly ladder posted in the tennis shed
Our practice is still on for 4:45, but I'll be supervising varsity players hitting at 3:30 and there should be some open court space so if you guys wanna hit for fun after school before practice, feel free to swing by. If it rains hard later, practice may be canceled, so may not be a bad idea.
PS: Remind your parents, the meeting is temporarily scheduled for the 20th of February, Monday night.
Hope your weekend's been chill. Reminder: we have practice starting at 4:45 starting on Monday, Feb 6th. I'll discuss practice schedule more in person. Also, tomorrow's practice will be very low key... It'll be free play, mainly because I need to talk to each of you guys individually during practice. I wanna talk possible partnerships, your goals for the season, and any other questions you may have. Please try to be there, I want to be able to talk to everyone.
It's Thursday, right after school, at the courts, be there! Go Bears! Great season guys!
- Coach Zach :)
A couple of final things as this season winds down:
1. There was practice on Friday, but not many showed up, which is ok, but just means I'm going to push back the individual tournaments' schedules one day. This means that singles players that were aformentioned in previous news please show up on Monday, and the doubles players (Austin, Gabe, Brian, Michael, Jordan, Matthew, Brett, Griffin, Andrew Yates, Andrew Geiser, Steve, Roan, Sam, Daniel) please show up on Tuesday.
2. This tournament is optional, so if you would not like to play that is ok. However, starting Monday, if players don't show up to play their scheduled matches, I will have to have them forfeit, as this is the last week of the season and we're running out of available days.
3. A couple of parents have very kindly offered to assist me in throwing the team an end-of-season party for the team, which we are going to have on FRI, 4/29, right after school at 3:15. Hopefully everyone can make it to celebrate a wonderful season! Go Bears
- Coach Zach
First round of the individual singles tournament starts tomorrow, following players please come at 5:15 for your matches:
Other players be ready to report on Friday or Monday!
These are the 17 players who are for sure playing against Monte Vista (more could also be playing depending on news I may get from the opposing coach):
Mason L, Rohan C, Ezra M, Steven K, Brian H, Michael L, Austin M, Gabe S, Alex T, Alex O, Greg P, Kyle K, Sam L, Roan W, Noah S, Parker W, Will T
Come to the courts right after school, match begins at 4:00
Final Full week of the season guys, here's what's going on:
Monday: Normal 5:15 Practice (last official practice of season)
Tuesday: No practice, last varsity home match
Wednesday: Match vs. Monta Vista (players playing TBA)
Thursday and Friday: Individual tournament begins, optional practices for those who don't have matches scheduled for that day
Individual tournament bracket and scheduled will be posted at the MA tennis shed, so look to see what time you're supposed to be playing, let me know if there are any questions
Monday: Normal Practice (5:15)
Tuesday: Optional Practice (starts whenever Varsity match is complete, TBD)
Wednesday: Match vs. Menlo at MA at 4:00 (players playing in the match come to courts immediately after school)
Thursday: No practice, Varsity match at MA, will take over our practice slot
Friday: Normal and fun practice (Starts at 5:15)
Let me know if there are any questions, Go Bears!
Players playing in match Wednesday against Menlo:
All right guys, big week this week:
1. Practice on each day (except Match day Wednesday) will start at 5:15, but since varisty team has away matches on Tuesday and Thursday, kids may come out early on those days to hit. But again, 5:15, each day, is when offical practice will start.
2. Wendesday's match vs. Carlmont is away, at the school in San Carlos. Right now these are the kids who will be playing (and there's a possibility that more could be as well): Rohan, Will C, Chris F, Liam, Andrew G, Felix, Griffin K, Andrew Y, Daniel, AJ, Sam, Roan, Peter, Ezra, Will T, Alexander K, Steven, Brett, Antrul, Greg (Not in a particular order).
3. Email or text with questions, thanks and Go Bears!
1. Practice begins AFTER SCHOOL on MONDAY and THURSDAY of this week, due to Varsity team being on the road. Tuesday/Friday it is at 5:15, and Wednesday there is a JV match at MA vs. SHP
2. These are the 16 players who will play vs. SHP:
Mason Lau, Kyle Kranen, Mani, Alex Kim, Brian and Michael, Miles Lucas, Parker Wall, Alex Oesterling, Alex Takayama, Juan Barraza, Greg Pinto, Griffin Kardos, Andrew Yates, Noah Savelson, and Alexander Yen. If any of you guys cannot play on Wednesday, please let me know so that I can allow someone else to play. Email or text me with questions! Thanks and go bears!
Just to confirm (since there is some confusion):
Thursday's March 17 practice starts right after school, and other than that every practice (until further notice) will be from 5:15 to 6:30, due to daylight savings
All right guys, one day away:
These are the 20 players we're bringing to Menlo School:
Mason, Steve, Felix, Liam, Austin, Gabe, Andrew, Will Colbert, Roan, Sam, Ezra, Chris, Mani, Peter, Griffin Kardos, Andrew, Brett, Rohan, Daniel, Will Tinsley
All players playing in this match please try to come to the afterschool meeting at the courts, but if you can't, here's what to know:
1. You are excused at 2:30, so please be at courts with rackets, shoes, and tennis cloathing ready by 2:50!
2. Uniforms are not in yet, so if you are playing please wear a white or maroon shirt, or any MA shirt. Also have shorts or sweatpants (that match, cause lookin good is feelin good)
3. Remember if you aren't playing in this match, you will be playing in the next one, and many future ones as well! Thanks and Go Bears! Text or email with any questions (please don't call, I promise I'll respond)
Because of rain, it looks like practice for Monday may be canceled. Whether that is the case or not, I want to see everyone who can make it on Monday at the courts after school by 3:30, as I want to give you guys the necessary information before the match Tuesday. If you don't make it (and don't have a prior commitment), it will decrease your chances of playing in Tuesday's match. Thanks, and Go Bears!
All right guys, it's that time of year! Match #1 of the season is a week from today, March 8, against Menlo at Menlo School. More details to come in the coming days, including what time kids will get let out, which kids will come, and more. What I would ask is that, since this is an away match (yet very close and easy drive), I do need volunteer parents for drivers and snack. So if any parents can drive students on Tuesday afternoon to Menlo School (probably around 2:30), please let me know! I could really use the help, as I am the only coach and can't handle all of the kids alone! Thank you, and go Bears!
Because of varsity match today at Carlmont, practice starts today at 3:30, going until about 5. Thanks!
Happy leap year open team,
A couple of things:
1. Our team matches will be starting in MID MARCH, so please (especially freshmen) get uniform order slips in by the end of this week! You won't be able to participate in matches until that is turned in.
2. There will be no official practice on Thursday or Friday of this week, as I am going with the varsity team to be an assistant coach for their Fresno tournament (in Fresno). So please try to make the other three practices this week, and feel free to go out and hit after school on Thursday and Friday, as the courts will be open
Let me know if you have more questions, go bears!
Our practice for Thursday will start at a slightly different time than normal, as soon as the Varsity team's match vs. Half Moon Bay is completed. I encourage as many people as possible to come out at 4:00 and watch the varsity team play beforehand, as it'll be entertaining and good to see what it takes to reach the next level (the varsity team), see you all then!
Hello MA Open Team 2016 players and coaches, the website is officially up! I will soon have the entire match schedule and team roster posted here, and all news, updates, scores and announcements will be on this site as well! To celebrate the opening of the site, I'm letting everyone know that OFFICAL team practice is cancelled on Friday due to me being out of town for this weekend (one time thing). Players are still welcome to come out at 4:45 and play, as the courts will be free, but players must bring their own balls and no coaches will be present. Thanks, and go bears!