CoEd Varsity Cheerleading
2017-2018 Menlo-Atherton Dance Team Auditions:
May 25th, 4:00-5:30p.m.
M-A Dance Studio
Please bring a small picture, water and a good attitude.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
About being a member of the Cheer Team...
Participating in dance team offers many benefits. You will learn and enhance your cheer skills, which will help you if you choose to cheer while attending college and/or as a professional cheerleader in future years. There are health benefits resulting from the physical activity and you will gain self-confidence while participating in an activity that you are passionate about. Cheer team gives you the opportunity to perform among and before your peers and promotes school spirit. It is fun and very exciting to be part of the M-A Cheer Team!
The expectations of the M-A Cheer Team members are to:
1 Promote School Spirit.
2 Represent M-A High School to the highest degree.
3 Set an example of good behavior at all times, whether in uniform or not, in class, at games, attending other school functions and while performing.
4 Promote friendships with students from schools with whom we compete, perform and attend dance camp.
5 Promote friendship between the members of the squad.
What you need to know before you tryout:
• Cheer team is a year-round sport. You will not be able to participate in any other sports while on Dance Team.
• You must have and maintain a GPA of 2.0 to be an active participant of the team.
• JV cheer team members practice: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday after school and Saturday afternoon. Varsity team members practice: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school and Saturday afternoon. It is a big time commitment.
How to prepare for the audition:
• Familiarize yourself in cheer technique. Be prepared to learn a cheer and lead loudly with a lot of spirit!
• Tumbling skills are a plus. For example, round-offs, back handsprings, back tucks and/or aerials.
We perform at all football and basketball games, sports awards night, 8th grade information night, Big Bear Run, and any M-A event the administration invites us to perform at.
Cheer Team Audition Info:
Auditions will be held in the dance studio August 19, 2016 from 4pm-6pm. Please bring a water bottle, a picture of yourself and good attitude.